It's no secret that I love cookies ... but the weekend before Valentine's Day just begs for them.
At our wedding, there was an entire table dedicated to cookies lovingly made by family and friends. What made it even better was my talented card maker aunt-in-law, who took it upon herself to collect all the recipes and combine them into a book.
The gerber daisies on the cover were cut out from our invitation, and the photo was from storybooks we had sitting on the tables. I love how each page is geared towards the cookie it features!
This recipe is one of my favorites. It comes from my grandmother, and since three of her daughters are staying with us this weekend, I just *had* to make them. You should, too. They are that good [and easy, to boot!].
Kit Kat Bars2 sleeves club crackers
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup peanut butter
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugars, and milk into a heavy bottom pan.
2. Bring it to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Place over layer of crackers in a 9" x 13" pan.
4. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the top.
5. Put another layer of crackers and a second layer of mixture.
6. Put a final layer of crackers on top and frost with chocolate chips [that have been melted with peanut butter].
Yum! What a sweet (no pun intended) gift idea!ReplyDelete
Definitely! Tied up in a little plastic wrap bag, who could resist them?ReplyDelete
I remember having one of these! YUM!ReplyDelete